- COUNSELLING AND FAMILIES’ COORDINATOR
- Encircle Ltd.
- Lawnton, Brisbane QLD
- Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services (Community Services & Development)
- Full time
- SCHCADS Award Level 6
Seeking a qualified and experienced Coordinator to coordinate the service delivery activities of the Counselling and Families programs.
Encircle Community Services Ltd. (Encircle) has been supporting people in the Moreton Bay and Brisbane North regions for 35 years, creating a culture where everyone can be their best, in an environment that values inclusion, diversity, and flexibility. At Encircle, everyone is welcome, everyone belongs.
Our team is passionate, and we are making a difference. We are driven to support our community through their toughest challenges, helping them reach their goals. We work with energy, curiosity, professionalism, and optimism.
About the Team:
The Counselling and Families Team deliver Counselling and Family support services within the Moreton Bay and North Brisbane regional on behalf of the Queensland Government and the Australian Government.
Encircle’s team of qualified and experienced, professional Counsellors provide essential support to individuals and families and includes specialised individual therapy through to a variety of groups focusing on topics such as Women’s Wellbeing and Self Esteem, Circle of Security Parenting Program, and My Super-powered Relationships designed for children 8 to 12 years.
About this Role:
This is a full-time role and involves coordinating and supervising the day-to-day activities of the Counselling and Families Team, developing operational plans that align with the organisation’s Strategic Plan as well as building and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders, clients, and funders.
The focus of the role is to lead, mentor and support the Counselling and Families Team to ensure that therapeutic interventions are consistent with program requirements and meet the needs of the community including implementation of services and interventions for individuals, couples, and families.
Coordinating the service delivery activities of the Counselling and Families programs includes providing front line management, mentoring, and supervision to the team aligned with organisational policies, procedures, and program KPIs and promoting operational efficiency and effectiveness under the direction of the Counselling and Families Manager.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to priorities and multitask.
- Strong decision making ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to train and supervise staff.
- Highly developed computer and administrative skills.
- Proven experience managing multiple stakeholder relationships and well developed interpersonal skills with a capacity to liaise effectively with a wide range of people including clients, service providers, staff, volunteers and Board.
- Demonstrated professionalism.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant degree essential with post-graduate qualifications well regarded.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience.
- Eligibility for professional membership relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2 years front line management or coordination experience.
A full copy of the position description is available on request from or by phone: 07 3889 0063
Encircle is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a CALD background and people living with a disability.
To apply for this position please:
- provide a cover letter introducing yourself and clearly identify the position that you are applying for,
- summarise your suitability for this role referring to the Selection Criteria detailed in the Position Description, and
- include a copy of your Resume.
All enquiries and applications are treated in strict confidence.
Please note we are not accepting applications via employment agencies.
Applications for this role will be accepted until the position is filled and interviews will be undertaken during the advertisement period.