Part time, Fixed Term Contract
Seeking a qualified and experienced families practitioner to provide family support services to strengthen family capacity through strengths-based, child-centered, and family-focused approaches. This is a part-time, 28 hours per week role on a fixed term contract to 30 June 2023 and involves working with the Family Support Team, to promote collaboration and engagement with other support services and stakeholders to provide a targeted and solution focused response to client needs.
Encircle has been supporting people in the Moreton Bay and Brisbane North regions for 35 years, creating a culture where everyone can be their best, in an environment that values inclusion, diversity, and flexibility. At Encircle, everyone is welcome, everyone belongs.
Our team is passionate, and we are making a difference. We are driven to support our community through their toughest challenges, helping them reach their goals. We work with energy, curiosity, professionalism and optimism.
About the Team
The Counselling and Families Team deliver Counselling and Family support services within the Moreton Bay and North Brisbane regional on behalf of the Queensland Government and the Australian Government.
Our Family Support and Young Parents Program are designed to bring positive change for children and parents, in areas including family relationships, children’s development and parenting. Our services and programs support families as they manage a variety of factors impacting their lives, e.g., individual or family trauma, domestic and family violence (DFV), substance use, financial hardship, or mental health impacts – often in the context of social stigma and isolation. We deliver outreach and centre-based services and provide tailored services building support networks and connections as well as specialised referral pathways
About this Role
This is a part-time, 28 hours per week role on a fixed term contract to 30 June 2023 and involves working with the Family Support Team, to promote collaboration and engagement with other support services and stakeholders to provide a targeted and solution focused response to client needs.
Managing and planning daily work schedules to deliver integrated and coordinated support services to identify and achieve goals for positive outcomes for families in line with best practice, providing both outreach and office-based support services including:
- Strengthen family capacity by providing effective case management support through the use of strengths-based, child-centered, and family-focused approaches
- Enhance the wellbeing of children, young people and families through the collaborative development, implementation, monitoring and reviewing of case plans and outcomes alongside families, ensuring the voices of both children and caregivers are represented.
- Deliver culturally appropriate and sensitive services to First Nations people and people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
- Support and facilitate responsive and tailored groupwork programs to meet community needs and to support alternative referral pathways.
To be successful in this role you will:
- be able to provide professional case management, including high-level planning and organisation, assessment, and complex decision-making skills
- Have experience working with vulnerable families and an understanding of the factors that contribute to vulnerability
- Understanding of strengths-based and trauma-informed practice
- Possess or ability to gain the knowledge of current evidence-based practice, legislation and trends relevant to Child Protection and family systems.
- Be Culturally aware and competent in working alongside other cultures including First Nations Peoples
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Social work, psychology, human services or related field
- Minimum two years experience working with families with complex needs
A full copy of the position description is available on request via email: or phone 07 3889 0063
Encircle is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a CALD background and people living with a disability. If you feel you have the right qualifications and experience and have an interest in working in Community Services, please contact Casey for further information regarding this position. All enquiries are treated in strict confidence.
CONTACT: Casey Locke. Email: or phone 07 3889 0063 if you have any questions in relation to this position.
To apply for this position, you should include a cover letter introducing yourself and clearly identifying the position you are applying for, summarising your suitability for this role, referring to the Selection Criteria in the Position Description and noted below. A copy of your Resume should also be included with your application.
- Demonstrated ability to provide case management support to families with complex needs to build family capacity and strengthen resilience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify and assess support needs and make complex decisions in relation to client case management, supported by senior staff
- Demonstrated ability to purposefully engage and work with agencies within the community in order to better client outcomes
- A high degree of professionalism and well-developed interpersonal skills with a capacity to liaise effectively with a wide range of people including clients, service providers and staff
- Well-developed communication and computer skills that include the management of client records, database management, collection of statistical data and report writing
- Demonstrated ability to practice within a client centered, strengths based, trauma informed framework
- Demonstrated awareness and experience in working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please note that we will not be accepting applications via employment agencies.
Applications for this role will be accepted until the position is filled with interviews being undertaken during the advertisement period.
Other Encircle Opportunities:
- Family Support Practitioner, Part-time FTC 30/06/2023
- Family Therapist – Full-time FTC 30/06/2023
- Family Therapy Counsellor & Group Facilitator – Part-time FTC 30/06/2023
- Program Support Officer, Family Support Team – Part-time FTC 30/06/2023
- Community Legal Services, Senior Solicitor – Full-time or Part Time, Permanent
- Homeless Outreach Worker
If you are interested in any of these roles, please contact Casey on or phone 07 3889 0063 to discuss and obtain a copy of the position description.