- FINANCE MANAGER
- Encircle Community Services Ltd.
- Lawnton, Brisbane QLD
- Community owned, values-based organisation.
- Full Time with flexible working arrangements.
- Competitive remuneration circa $100K + Super + Salary Sacrifice.
Encircle Community Services (Encircle) is seeking a passionate and experienced Finance Manager to contribute to our work.
Encircle has been supporting people in the Moreton Bay and Brisbane north regions for 35+ years, creating a culture where everyone can be their best, in an environment that values inclusion, diversity, and flexibility. Encircle is driven to support our community through their toughest challenges, helping them reach their goals. We work with energy, curiosity, professionalism, and optimism.
Our programs and services respond to real and present needs in our communities, whether that is by building community connections with older people; providing professional counselling services; standing with people affected by homelessness; helping marginalised young parents gain skills and resilience; or providing professional advice for community members navigating the legal system.
Our operations are delivered from seven sites across Moreton Bay and Brisbane north regions and outreach services figure prominently in how we work.
We are a diverse team of professionals from a range of backgrounds, experiences, and disciplines – including psychology and counselling, law, business and finance, and social work. Encircle also benefits from the contributions of many volunteers and today approx. 200 local community volunteers support our work.
Encircle’s Finance Manager will:
- be a qualified and experienced accounting and finance professional.
- be responsible for the management of all accounting and financial activities including production of financial reporting and fulfilment of financial obligations such as taxation and statutory reporting.
- analyse the stability of the organisation and provide financial information to all stakeholders including the Board and management.
- oversee the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Property functions.
- provide contemporary, expert advice relating to all aspects of accounting and finance, ICT, and property and become a trusted business partner with managers and leaders.
- contribute to the design and delivery of projects and initiatives that support an environment of continuous learning, capacity and skill building, and organisational development.
To be successful in this role you will bring tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Commerce. Membership of CA or CPA and/or post graduate training in a relevant discipline will be highly regarded and you will have 5+ years post-qualification experience and extensive experience with the MYOB Cloud based accounting package. Ideally you will have worked in the Not-for-Profit sector.
Encircle is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a CALD background, and people living with a disability.
To apply for this position please:
- provide a current resume, and
- a cover letter (2 sides A4 maximum) demonstrating your suitability for this role against the criteria detailed in the ‘to be successful’ and ‘qualifications’ sections of the Position Description.
Further information regarding this role and the position description are available on request from
Please note: we are not accepting applications via employment agencies.
Applications for this role will be assessed when received and suitable candidates contacted for interviews. You are encouraged to submit your application promptly to be considered for this exciting and rewarding role.