Legal Reception / Administration Assistant
- Strathpine, Brisbane QLD
- Flexible Part-Time Hours
- SCHCADS Award Level 2
Encircle Community Services Ltd. (Encircle) has been supporting people in the Moreton Bay and Brisbane North regions for 35+ years, creating a culture where everyone can be their best, in an environment that values inclusion, diversity, and flexibility. At Encircle, everyone is welcome, everyone belongs.
Encircle has been supporting people in the Moreton Bay and Brisbane North regions for 35 years, creating a culture where everyone can be their best, in an environment that values inclusion, diversity, and flexibility. At Encircle, everyone is welcome, everyone belongs.
Our team is passionate, and we are making a difference. We are driven to support our community through their toughest challenges, helping them reach their goals. We work with energy, curiosity, professionalism and optimism.
About Pine Rivers Community Legal Service (PRCLS)
Pine Rivers Community Legal Service (PRCLS) is a generalist community legal service providing free legal advice, information, and referrals, together with community legal education for vulnerable people facing disadvantage across the Moreton Bay and greater North Brisbane regions.
Legal services are offered from the PRCLS office in Strathpine, the Caboolture Hub, and from the Bribie Island, Deception Bay, Kallangur, and Redcliffe Neighbourhood Centres.
PRCLS provides the Domestic and Family Violence Duty Lawyer Service at the Pine Rivers Magistrates Court and assists with the delivery of this service at the Sandgate and Redcliffe Courthouses.
The Community Family Mediation Service (CFMS) provides mediation and facilitated dispute resolution services for vulnerable and disadvantaged people in relation to a range of family law matters.
Our professional staff of qualified and experienced lawyers are supported by a dedicated and active group of committed, local volunteers – many of whom have been volunteering with PRCLS for ten or more years. Our team also provides placement support for students from several South East Queensland universities assisting these students to gain first-hand practical experience as they apply knowledge gained through their studies.
About this Role:
Our Reception and Administration Assistant works in collaboration with the PRCLS team to provide front of house support to the Pine Rivers Community Legal Service and the Community Family Mediation Service. This role ensures all clients visitors and inquiries are managed efficiently and effectively in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.
Our Reception and Administration Assistant also provides administration support for all front of house activities, data collection and general administration duties for both services and, when rostered, at the evening legal “walk- in” services at Strathpine.
Encircle is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a CALD background, and people living with a disability.
- Provide a professional, friendly, and empathetic first point of contact for face-to-face and phone clients.
- Answer incoming phone calls, monitor emails, make and confirm appointments.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of PRCLS/CFMS programs, reception and administrative processes and resources including applying specific protocols regarding avoiding conflicts of interest and protecting client privacy and confidentiality.
- Maintain the PRCLS records management and filing system.
- Capture and enter data as required and provide support and assistance to the PRCLS team – ensuring the database is maintained in accordance with relevant standards, deadlines, and other requirements.
- Contribute to and assist with the maintenance of various client registers, activity logs and other systems that manage the client intake and confirmation process, calendars and rosters, events, training, and meetings.
- Assist with the maintenance of volunteer data base and associated processes and requirements.
- Other administrative duties as required.
Previous Experience Required:
- Minimum of Cert II in Administration or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role – legal office experience is preferred, and professional services experience is highly regarded.
- Experience working with volunteers and in the Not-for-Profit sector is well regarded.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated reception, administrative, and organizational skills working in a fast-paced environment responding to and supporting clients under stress.
- A high degree of professionalism and well-developed interpersonal skills with a capacity to liaise effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- High level oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with confidential information with sensitivity and diplomacy, whilst remaining calm and composed.
- Self-motivated and reliable with the ability to act independently and with initiative.
- Extensive experience working with databases and the ability to rapidly acquire a working knowledge of complex systems and processes.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a professional and fast-paced environment – building rapport, achieving goals, and deadlines.
- Understanding of Social Justice principles.
Encircle is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a CALD background and people living with a disability.
To apply for this position please:
- provide a cover letter introducing yourself and clearly identify the position that you are applying for,
- summarise your suitability for this role referring to the Selection Criteria detailed in the Position Description, and
- include a copy of your Resume.
All enquiries and applications are treated in strictest confidence.
If you feel you have the right qualifications, and experience and would like to work in the Community Services space, please apply by submitting your application via seek.com.au or emailing directly at .
Please note that we will not be accepting applications via employment agencies.