Encircle Community Services is seeking a passionate and experienced community service professional to be Neighbourhoods Coordinator.
Community development is a critical element in supporting stronger and more resilient communities. Encircle has been supporting people in the Moreton Bay and Brisbane North regions for 35 years, creating a culture where everyone can be their best, in an environment that values inclusion, diversity, and flexibility.
Encircle is driven to support our community through their toughest challenges, helping them reach their goals. We work with energy, curiosity, professionalism, and optimism.
About the Team:
Encircle Housing and Neighbourhoods team deliver a range of Commonwealth and Queensland Government funded programs, working collaboratively with other service providers, peer and community networks, and local government agencies.
Neighbourhoods’ activities operate out of Encircle’s Pine Rivers, Redcliffe, and Kallangur Neighbourhood Centres. With an active community development team coordinating a range of centre-based programs, services and groups, a large proportion of community members engage with us not just for support, but for social connection, common interest, or skills development.
Understanding the challenges of social isolation faced by many, in particular our senior community members, Encircle also delivers the ‘Older Persons Action Program’ (OPAP). This program is specifically designed to provide a range of supports to seniors in the community in the areas of housing affordability, elder abuse, legal issues, and accessing services such as My Aged Care.
Providing guidance, structure, and support for Encircle’s volunteers through the volunteer framework, systems, and processes is a critical contribution of this role.
About this Role:
The role will coordinate the service delivery and operations of Encircle’s neighbourhood centres including managing and supporting the community development team, OPAP, and reception staff as well as students and volunteers.
The role will apply contemporary community development principles to foster partnership and collaboration opportunities within the organisation, as well as with external services, stakeholders, and communities contributing to better connected, inclusive and resilient communities.
The Neighbours Coordinator will:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Neighbourhood Centres, including development and implementation of processes and systems.
- Provide input and guidance to Encircle’s strategic and operational planning, community development, and service delivery.
- Coordinate the review of Encircle strategic plans, the development of operational work plans and goals for Encircle neighbourhood centres and OPAP, and monitor progress against objectives.
- Provide supervision and support to reporting staff, volunteers, and students.
- Promote integration and collaboration across all programs and services.
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Lead or contribute to key community development projects and framework development.
- Maintain an active role as a member of Encircle’s Leadership Team.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Coordinate the delivery of highly organised neighbourhood centre operations including well planned, budgeted, and evaluated events, projects and programs.
- Be able to demonstrate experience designing and implementing frameworks, systems and processesin complex environments.
- Lead a highly motivated team of professional staff and volunteers in a dynamic and compelx environment.
- Demonstrate well developed interpersonal skills when engaging with wide range of stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Highly Regarded: Degree qualifications in Community Development, Social Work, Social Sciences or Human Services.
- Minimum: Diploma in Community Services or Community Development with demonstrated experience in a similar role for minimum of 2 years.
- Experience: Workplace experience in a similar role for minimum of 2 years.
A full copy of the position description is available on request from .
Encircle is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a CALD background and people living with a disability.
To apply for this position please:
- provide a current resume, along with
- a cover letter (2 sides A4 maximum) demonstrating your suitability for this role against the criteria detailed in the ‘to be successful’ and ‘qualifications’ sections.
- Submit to
For further information regarding this role, please contact Stephen Hawkins, Housing and Neighbourhoods Manager for a confidential discussion on 0451 913 755 or .
Please note: we are not accepting applications via employment agencies.
Applications for this role will be assessed when received and suitable candidates contacted for interviews. Therefore, you are encouraged submit your applications promptly in order to be considered for this exciting role.