- SENIOR COUNSELLOR, FAMILY THERAPIST
- Part time – 6-month contract
- SCHCADS Award Level 5
Seeking a qualified and experienced family therapist and groups facilitator to work with children and families on a 6-month contract.
Encircle Community Services Ltd. (Encircle) has been supporting people in the Moreton Bay and Brisbane North regions for 35 years, creating a culture where everyone can be their best, in an environment that values inclusion, diversity, and flexibility. At Encircle, everyone is welcome, everyone belongs.
Our team is passionate, and we are making a difference. We are driven to support our community through their toughest challenges, helping them reach their goals. We work with energy, curiosity, professionalism, and optimism.
About the Team:
The Counselling and Families Team deliver Counselling and Family support services within the Moreton Bay and North Brisbane regional on behalf of the Queensland Government and the Australian Government.
Encircle’s team of qualified and experienced, professional Counsellors provide essential support to individuals and families and includes specialised individual therapy through to a variety of groups focusing on topics such as Women’s Wellbeing and Self Esteem, Circle of Security Parenting Program, and My Super-powered Relationships designed for children 8 to 12 years.
About this Role:
This is a part time role delivering evidence-based therapeutic interventions and trauma informed counselling in Family Therapy for individuals and families, through face to face, telephone, or online sessions.
This role also supports and facilitates evidence-based group sessions that are focused on enhancing participants knowledge and wellbeing. These sessions ensure a collaborative and integrated responses to community needs by working effectively with other relevant service providers.
Our Senior Counsellor will:
- Practice counselling within a trauma informed, client-centered, and strengths-based framework, using a variety of evidence based and best practice counselling modalities and therapeutic interventions for individuals, couples, children, and families.
- Implement assessment and case formulation, therapeutic and session goal identification, ongoing assessment of client needs to determine length of therapeutic delivery (short, medium, or long-term) with support of the senior counselling team and undertake ongoing assessment and evaluation of client progress and completion of output scales.
- Support and facilitate educational groups regarding a range of topics for example, parenting programs, women’s wellbeing programs, and primary prevention healthy relationships programs for young people.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate successful delivery of trauma informed evidence-based counselling, psychotherapy and groupwork.
- Be experienced in providing appropriate information and psycho-educational material and information to clients that support and aid the therapeutic process.
- Effectively assess therapeutic needs of clients.
- Provide appropriate referrals and support to clients.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Counselling or equivalent is required, and post graduate qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Experience supporting groups, providing education.
A full copy of the position description is available on request from or by phone: 07 3889 0063
Encircle is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a CALD background and people living with a disability.
To apply for this position please:
- provide a cover letter introducing yourself and clearly identify the position that you are applying for,
- summarise your suitability for this role referring to the Selection Criteria detailed in the Position Description, and
- include a copy of your Resume.
All enquiries and applications are treated in strict confidence.
Please note: we are not accepting applications via employment agencies.
Applications for this role will be accepted until the position is filled with interviews being undertaken during the advertisement period.