Homestay Early Intervention Service provides case support for sustaining existing tenancies.
Case Support is a partnership between the client and a case worker. Support will be provided to address the underlying issues putting a tenancy at risk.
These may include:
- Rent (or mortgage) arrears
- Property maintenance issues
- Problems managing daily living tasks
- Lack of knowledge – tenant rights and responsibilities
- Domestic and Family Violence
- Physical and Mental Health concerns
- Hassles/disputes with neighbours
- Family relationship concerns
- Problematic drug and alcohol use
- Financial hardship
- Loss of employment
Pine Rivers Homestay Team
Located at Pine Rivers Neighbourhood Centre
865 Gympie Road Lawnton
Ph: 07 3889 0063
Redcliffe Homestay Team
Located at Redcliffe Neighbourhood Centre
1 Lamington Drive Redcliffe
PH: 07 3284 3081
Brisbane North Homestay Team
Located at Zillmere Community Centre
54 Handford Rd Zillmere
PH: 07 3152 8246
Case Workers are trained professionals who believe that the client is the expert in their own life and have their own unique strengths, life experiences and resources that can help achieve identified goals.
After the initial intake, if further assistance is required, an allocated case worker will assist clients to develop a case plan and work towards their identified goals.
Regular meetings and active client participation ensure that clients will be able to complete the actions required to achieve their goals and stabilise their tenancy.
Helpful Links and Telephone Numbers
Tenancy Information and Resources
- Qstars – Qld Statewide Tenant Advise and referral Service.
Ph: 1300 744 263 | qstars.org.au
- Tenants Queensland tenantsqld.org.au
- RTA (Residential Tenancies Authority)
Ph: 1300 366 311 | rta.qld.gov.au