I have had incredible positive changes working through personal growth with outstanding support & guidance from my counsellor. I can’t thank her or this service enough for their selfless service they provide which truly comes from their heart.
Encircle offers counselling by appointment to individuals, children, couples and families who want help to explore personal and/or relationship issues.
Encircle is also a Family Relationship Service Provider and offers specialist counselling for families and couples. Get in touch here.
Brisbane Counselling: Frequently Asked Questions
Counselling at the Pine Rivers Neighbourhood Centre is primarily for people who live and/or work within the Pine Rivers District.
We work with adults, children, couples and families who wish to explore personal and/or relationship issues.
- Counsellors at the Pine Rivers Neighbourhood Centre work with a variety of issues including, but not limited to:
- anger management;
- grief and loss;
- relationship issues, including couple and family conflict;
- individuals and families dealing with major transitions in their lives.
Because the counselling service is appointment-based, we cannot offer crisis counselling.
Please contact one of the following services if immediate assistance is required:
- Salvation Army (07) 3831 9016
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Parentline 1300 301 300
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800
- Men’s Line QLD 1800 600 636
- Women’s DV Line 1800 811 811
- Standby Response Service 07 3250 1856 – 0438 150 180 (24 hour mobile) for suicide bereavement.
The Brisbane counselling service does not specialise in working with issues around substance use & dependence, sexual abuse or complex trauma. In such situations, counsellors will negotiate with you a referral to specialised services to ensure that you are supported in getting the help that you need.
The Brisbane counselling service does not provide mediation services regarding custody or property settlements. Please contact Relationships Australia (Family Relationships Centre) for information regarding mediation services.
Qualified and experienced counsellors and family therapists with a commitment to providing a respectful, collaborative, confidential and safe place for all those who engage the service.
- Professional counselling and family therapy provide an opportunity to explore your situation in ways that may help you to understand and address problems and make decisions.
- The environment created in counselling and family therapy interactions is confidential, supportive and non-judgmental at all times.
- Yes. However, we are a low-cost service dedicated to providing service to those who may not otherwise be able to afford it. Cost is always negotiable.
- The standard fee for a 1 hour counselling session is $30.00, and we do offer a concession rate for those with a Health Care Concession card.
No. At the moment this isn’t something Medicare will cover.
- We have counsellors providing service at various times during the week, with some limited after-hours appointments available.
- We do not provide any weekend counselling.
- The greater your flexibility for appointment, the greater the chance that we can provide service quickly.
- As our counselling service is in high demand, we ask that you make a commitment to attend all scheduled appointments once an offer of appointment has been made.
A referral is not required to access Brisbane counselling at Pine Rivers Neighbourhood Centre.
- Contact the Centre by phone, e-mail or in person and make a Counselling Enquiry. You will need to provide contact details and an indication as to who the counselling is for and when you would be available for an intake interview. Your enquiry will be forwarded to the Counselling team.
- A member of the Counselling team will contact you (usually by phone) to complete an intake interview. The purpose of this interview is to gather brief details about you and your request for counselling, and to provide you with information about how the counselling service works. You are welcome to ask questions and express concerns at any time during this interview. NB: While every attempt is made to address enquiries in a timely manner, it may take some time for an intake interview to be completed. The counselling team appreciates your patience.
- Once the intake interview is completed, you will be added to the waiting list. A counsellor will then contact you within 2 – 3 weeks to offer you an appointment.
- If the wait for a counselling appointment looks to be longer than 2 -3 weeks, you will be offered other local counselling options to consider as an alternative.